Manufacturing Engineering: Mechanical
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Manufacturing Senior Technician
- Mechanical Systems Senior Technician
- Senior Controls Technician (Mechanical Testing)
- Senior Environmental Test Technician (Defence)
- Senior Production Technician
- Senior Quality Technician
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Extended Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
- NVQ Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
- NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC HNC Diploma in General Engineering
- BTEC HNC Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- BTEC HNC Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- BTEC HND Diploma in General Engineering
- BTEC HND Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Foundation Degree in Engineering
- Foundation Degree in Manufacturing Technology - Framework 550
- Foundation Degree in Materials Engineering - (Framework 550)
- Foundation Degree in Mechanical Engineering - (Framework 550)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.