Fenestration fabricator (level 2)
Manufacturing fenestration products such as windows, doors, shop fronts and walls.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Aluminium/uPVC Fabricator
- Double Glazing Window Factory Fabricator
- Production Operative
- Windows/Doors Fabricator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Select the correct type and quantity of materials and components for each task.
- Read and interpret specifications, diagrams and work instructions; follow instructions.
- Plan work.
- Prepare the work area effectively.
- Complete equipment and machinery checks and adjustments.
- Measure, calculate, mark and cut materials.
- Select and use manual methods and machinery/workplace technology.
- Join/assemble materials.
- Fix ancillary items to products.
- Follow health & safety and environmental policy and procedures.
- Identify risks and hazards in the workplace and control measures.
- Check and inspect work – interim and final.
- Identify and rectify any work that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Label product; protect and package product for safe transportation.
- Re-use, re-cycle and dispose of material, waste and scrap from the work area, as appropriate.
- Communicate with colleagues/customers; use common industry terminology appropriately.
- Complete workplace documentation.
- Report work outcomes and problems.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.