Telecoms field operative (level 2)
Build, provide or repair telecom services for commercial or residential customers on the UK's National Telecom Access Network.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Access Field Technician
- Business Connections Field Engineer
- Copper Jointer
- External Network Cabler Field Installation Engineers
- Fibre Jointer
- Installations Technician
- Nationwide Cable Network Field Force Engineer
- Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Overhead Installation Operative
- Telecommunications Installation Technician
- Telecoms Customer Service Engineer
- Trainee Engineer Copper
- Trainee Engineer Fibre
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Carry out a risk assessment before starting work activities. Follow method statements.
- Identify the structure and composition of telecom network cables.
- Work from and interpret telecom network plans to identify plant or location.
- Work on and in various connection points in the telecoms network.
- Work in a safe manner and follow correct procedures when entering and working in the telecoms network in various environments, including overhead and underground.
- Select and use the appropriate equipment on a telecom network.
- Install and test components of the telecom network.
- Fault-find and problem-solve on the telecom network.
- Maintaining safety standards whilst working towards the task objectives.
- Use personal protective equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Use a variety of communication methods to interact with third parties to give/receive information accurately, in a timely manner in order to deliver the best possible experience.
- Identify and take appropriate actions when working around other utilities services.
- Working as an individual or as a member of a team to achieve defined goals.
Full information on Telecoms field operative (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.