Hygiene specialist (level 4)
Provide specialist hygiene services in areas such as closed plants, sterile environments, food production and laboratories.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Hygiene compliance manager
- Hygiene manager
- Hygiene process leader
- Hygiene supervisor
- Hygiene team leader
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Comply with relevant industry legislation, permits, codes of practice and safe working practices
- Select and apply the most appropriate and effective hygiene methodology
- Contribute to the design of new, and the modification of, existing premises and equipment
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of controls to minimise the risk of hazards
- Create and maintain a hygiene management system including hygiene related documentation, method statements, risk assessments, safe systems of work
- Plan, organise, prioritise time and resources effectively to maintain organisational hygiene standards
- Manage an integrated pest management system
- Review and manage contracts, costs, specifications, service level agreements and appropriate supplier controls; assess supplier, contractor and vendor performance
- Lead, manage and develop individuals and cross-functional teams
- Select and carry out the most appropriate sampling methodology
- Implement validation, verification and monitoring activities to evaluate the effectiveness of organisational hygiene standards
- Deal appropriately with incidents and accidents and suggest recommendations to prevent reoccurence
- Use project management tools to deliver projects to time, cost, specification and quality
- Contribute and lead hygiene continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and implement the audit schedule in relation to hygiene activities to ensure compliance with legal, industry and customer standards; conduct internal and external audits across functions
- Analyse and evaluate information and data to make informed decisions and present solutions; create and formulate spreadsheets and graphs, electronic filing systems, presentations, reports; utilising electronic communications
- Manage the waste streams and identify methods of waste reduction
- Agree and manage hygiene budgets; monitor forecasts versus actual costs
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.