Sports turf operative (level 2)
Maintaining and renovating sports surfaces to make sure that public and private sports facilities are available for use.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant greenkeeper
- grounds keeper
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Correctly calibrate equipment for material requirements and apply at the correct rates a range of materials, including grass seed, fertiliser and bulky top-dressing
- Use integrated prevention and control methods to reduce the incidence of diseases, disorders, pests and weeds on turf
- Set and mark out sports areas in accordance with the Laws of the Governing Bodies of Sport
- Maintain tools, equipment and machinery used for maintenance and renovation activities to ensure their safe and effective use
- Maintain and conduct basic routine servicing and repairs to drainage and irrigation systems
- Effectively communicate with others and provide an excellent level of customer service
- Work safely, efficiently and effectively at all times, whether under supervision, as an individual, or in a team
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.