Landscape technician (level 3)
Work with and support landscape professionals in designing, planning and managing spaces in both natural and built environments.
Equivalent to A level
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Undertake site surveys and inspections - Undertake site surveys and inspections and record findings in an appropriate format. Take account of natural processes, habitats and biodiversity and the topographical and physical environment including nearby structures, water courses, services.
- Prepare basic landscape designs - Assist with the preparation of landscape designs accounting for the physical and social context. Consider the potential to improve health and wellbeing, sensory design and ensure schemes are accessible and inclusive for all. Apply the principles of sustainability.
- Convey ideas - Contribute to conveying ideas to clients, stakeholders, volunteers and the public typically using reports, photography, visualisation, presentations and graphics software.
- Use technology - Use technology typically including computer-aided design, Building Information Modelling, Geographic Information Systems and Excel.
- Contribute to the preparation of drawings and specifications for landscape schemes.
- Research - Undertake desk and site based landscape research.
- Legal and regulatory compliance - Comply with relevant landscape, parks, planning, building and environmental related legislation, requirements, policies and procedures. Follow health and safety procedures at work and on site
- Contract process - Contribute to the implementation or aftercare of landscape projects and comply with or ensure compliance with contract terms
- Personal effectiveness - Communicate clearly in writing and verbally. Manage work and time. Work independently and as part of a team. Interact with other built environment professionals.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.