IT technical salesperson (level 3)
Selling technical products and services, such as data storage and cloud services, for a company.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- IT Salesman
- IT Salesperson
- IT technical salesperson
- Sales adviser
- Sales agent
- Sales assistant
- Sales executive
- Sales representative
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communication: works both independently and as part of a team and following the organisation’s code of practice; demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and present both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools.
- Customer Experience: demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during sales operations and whilst defining requirements with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and relationship management.
- Data Security: operates securely in line with organisational guidance, legislation and organisational software packages and complies with security of data and can effectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes throughout all sales interactions.
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques for troubleshooting, problem solving and analyses problems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance when dealing with sales as well as routine tasks
- Assesses and qualifies sales leads by developing a clear understanding of clients’ business needs and advising how these might be met with appropriate products, tools and techniques.
- Project management: works flexibly and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team to progress sales and manage their time, workflow, priorities and projects.
- Interprets and follows: health and safety legislation to securely and professional work productively in the work environment; Data Protection Act 1998; Sales of Goods Act 1979.
- Sales process: professionally operates all sales-related tasks to maintain integrity, brand and company image during negotiations, handling of objections and closing sales with an understanding of the markets and external competitors
- Technical: ability to understand and explain the technical portfolio and technical systems sold within the organisation and can use the current hardware and operating systems available.
- Database and Campaign Management: prioritises their contacts and keeps an up to date database knowing when and why to contact current consumers or prospects in line with organisational requirements.
- Context / CPD: identifies and negotiates personal development in the context of the wider business and how their role relates to other roles in the business.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with a range of different types of customer
- Ability to think analytically and to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Ability to operate in a secure manner
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.