Senior production chef (level 3)
Managing a team to produce standardised dished and menus within a kitchen environment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Catering and hospitality
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- head chef
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Supervise the production of centrally developed menu items and dishes according to organisational specifications.
- Ensure deliveries are checked and stored correctly.
- Monitor the correct use and maintenance of food production equipment.
- Acquire and share with the team up-to-date information regarding product range, brand development, promotions and current trends.
- Monitor the production of food to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of food safety management systems.
- Monitor and ensure legislative compliance and the completion of due diligence documentation.
- Support team members to ensure the timely delivery of high quality food to the specification required.
- Maintain harmony across the team and with colleagues in other parts of the organisation, identifying and dealing with problems constructively to drive a positive outcome.
- Use effective methods of communication and operate in a fair and empathetic manner that achieves the desired result and demonstrates a customer centric culture.
- Identify development needs for self and team and actively encourage and support individuals to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Effectively use techniques that support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience.
- Monitor costs, using forecasting to set realistic targets with the team.
- Effectively control resource allocation, minimise wastage and use sustainable working practices.
- Use technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Risk assess situations, identifying and isolating matters of concern, by establishing the cause and intervening accordingly to minimise risk to people and organisation.
- Carry out activities in line with business/brand values that actively market the business, support competitiveness and help meet business objectives.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.