Applications support lead (level 4)
Provide tactical advice, training and support on core technology applications.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Application Support Analyst
- Applications Analyst
Skills an apprentice will learn
- use data systems securely to meet requirements and in line with organisational procedures and legislation, including principles of Privacy by Design
- implement the stages of the application lifecycle ensuring that principles of usability and accessibility are embedded in the approach at every stage
- assess the impact on user experience and domain context on the data analysis activity
- communicate verbally and non-verbally to a range of internal and external stakeholders using a range of technical and non-technical language to provide an effective interface between internal or external users and suppliers
- take a ‘customer focused’ approach to service delivery, underpinned by active listening
- adapt to changing contexts within the scope of a project and continually review project output to ensure alignment with customer and organisational needs for example within a DevOps environment
- collate and interpret data and convert into useable formats such as infographics, reports, tables, dashboards or graphs
- select and apply the most appropriate data tools to deliver application support outcomes
- use manual or automated test tools
- adapt and apply testing activities according to industry standard development methodologies (sequential and iterative) including maintenance of clear supporting documentation
- apply specific industry standards where appropriate (for example GDPR, health informatics and safety critical) related to software testing
- use formal and informal techniques that will demonstrate software and systems are fit for purpose
- use relevant training methods to support internal and external stakeholders with core software applications and hardware ensuring that principles of usability and accessibility are embedded in the approach
- communicate applications support information by ensuring continuity of user understanding through use of training notes, user guides and other collateral sources
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.