Retail leadership (integrated degree) (level 6)
Acting as a brand ambassador who will lead, motivate and develop a team of retail-based employees, to deliver sales and profit targets.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Area Manager
- Commercial Managers
- Departmental Manager (large stores)
- Senior Digital Manager
- Senior On-line Customer Manager
- Store Manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Construct the key plans for the business, and demonstrate creatively, clarity of thinking and decision making in delivering them both in-store and online.
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Analyse and evaluate key economic and political trends, and how they impact upon the retail landscape, including technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Consider the impact of different business models and propositions, including the move to on-line retailing
- Retail product life cycle: Construct customer profiles to ensure buying and merchandising impact is maximised, including the impact of on-line retailing
- Retail product life cycle: Implement the link between product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Retail product life cycle: Influence the design of an appropriate store / website layout based on current and customer buying patterns
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Critically evaluate the most effective methods of digital delivery, and how they will impact on the product range.
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Evaluate the impact digital channels play and identify the likely impact of changes in digital / AI behaviour by customers.
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Critically evaluate the impact of new technology on the customer journey and experience
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Create an environment in which the brand and brand values underpin both colleague and customer understanding (internal and external).
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Consistently apply the retail brand ethos and values.
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Using critical research, construct a customer engagement / pricing strategy
- Retail Marketing and the customer: By using data, analyse and predict the customer’s current and future needs and purchasing trends, including how the customer journey is impacted
- Retail Supply Chain: Appraise the effectiveness of the overall supply strategy and approach of the business, which is ethical, sustainable and profitable.
- Retail Supply Chain: Anticipate future requirements for new products.
- Retail Supply Chain: Critically review the role of logistics, warehousing and transport operation within the retail business.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Review performance of against key financial and performance data and ratios.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Use consumer trend data, and sales MI to predict the reaction of customers, and respond accordingly.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Articulate the key business decisions (eg pricing strategy), and how they link with overall performance.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Recognise the impact that the changing nature of retail has on people strategies, eg recruitment, L&D, employee engagement and talent management.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Allocate appropriate levels of resource to different methods of operation.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Build teams, and empower and manage others to improve business performance.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Utilise emotional and social intelligence to build and develop relationships both internally and externally.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Demonstrate effective problem solving and time management skills, and an expert written and verbal communication style
Full information on Retail leadership (integrated degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.