Retail leadership (integrated degree) (level 6)
Acting as a brand ambassador who will lead, motivate and develop a team of retail-based employees, to deliver sales and profit targets.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Area Manager
- Commercial Managers
- Departmental Manager (large stores)
- Senior Digital Manager
- Senior On-line Customer Manager
- Store Manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Construct the key plans for the business, and demonstrate creatively, clarity of thinking and decision making in delivering them both in-store and online.
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Analyse and evaluate key economic and political trends, and how they impact upon the retail landscape, including technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Retail Landscape - current and future: Consider the impact of different business models and propositions, including the move to on-line retailing
- Retail product life cycle: Construct customer profiles to ensure buying and merchandising impact is maximised, including the impact of on-line retailing
- Retail product life cycle: Implement the link between product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Retail product life cycle: Influence the design of an appropriate store / website layout based on current and customer buying patterns
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Critically evaluate the most effective methods of digital delivery, and how they will impact on the product range.
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Evaluate the impact digital channels play and identify the likely impact of changes in digital / AI behaviour by customers.
- Retail innovation and the digital challenge: Critically evaluate the impact of new technology on the customer journey and experience
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Create an environment in which the brand and brand values underpin both colleague and customer understanding (internal and external).
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Consistently apply the retail brand ethos and values.
- Retail Marketing and the customer: Using critical research, construct a customer engagement / pricing strategy
- Retail Marketing and the customer: By using data, analyse and predict the customer’s current and future needs and purchasing trends, including how the customer journey is impacted
- Retail Supply Chain: Appraise the effectiveness of the overall supply strategy and approach of the business, which is ethical, sustainable and profitable.
- Retail Supply Chain: Anticipate future requirements for new products.
- Retail Supply Chain: Critically review the role of logistics, warehousing and transport operation within the retail business.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Review performance of against key financial and performance data and ratios.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Use consumer trend data, and sales MI to predict the reaction of customers, and respond accordingly.
- Retail Finance, Data and Management Information (MI): Articulate the key business decisions (eg pricing strategy), and how they link with overall performance.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Recognise the impact that the changing nature of retail has on people strategies, eg recruitment, L&D, employee engagement and talent management.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Allocate appropriate levels of resource to different methods of operation.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Build teams, and empower and manage others to improve business performance.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Utilise emotional and social intelligence to build and develop relationships both internally and externally.
- Impact of change in Retail on our people: Demonstrate effective problem solving and time management skills, and an expert written and verbal communication style
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.