Data technician (level 3)
Source, format and present data securely in a relevant way for analysis.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Data support analyst
- Data technician
- Junior data analyst
- Junior information analyst
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Source and migrate data from already identified different sources
- Collect, format and save datasets
- Summarise and explain gathered data
- Blend data sets from multiple sources and present in format appropriate to the task
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Use tools and techniques to identify trends and patterns in data
- Apply basic statistical methods and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in data
- Apply cross checking techniques for identifying faults and data results for data project requirements
- Audit data results
- Demonstrate the different ways of communicating meaning from data in line with audience requirements
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation using standard organisational templates
- Store, manage and distribute in compliance with data security standards and legislation
- Explain data and results to different audiences in a way that aids understanding.
- Review own development needs
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies, trends and innovation using a range of sources
- Clean data i.e. remove duplicates, typos, duplicate entries, out of date data, parse data (e.g. format telephone numbers according to a national standard) and test and assess confidence in the data and its integrity.
- Operate as part of a multi-functional team
- Prioritise within the context of a project
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.