Sustainability business specialist (integrated degree) (level 7)
Help organisations to manage the resources they use and the waste they generate according to environmentally friendly principles.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Head of Energy and Sustainability
- Head of Responsible Sourcing
- Head of Sustainability and Environment
- Sustainbility Manager
- Sustainbility Specialist
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Conceptualise and resolve ethical, corporate social responsibility and sustainability issues within the business
- Devise and implement achievable and viable sustainability strategies for the organisation
- Critically evaluate sustainability issues and trends which may impact on business performance
- Analyse sustainability performance data and develop the appropriate business response in line with ISO14001, legislative and customer codes of practice
- Assemble and drive resource efficiency including auditing in line with ISO19011 and ISO17021 and consulting on energy, water, waste, materials, packaging.
- Develop a global procurement Standards and Governance strategy, breakthrough ideas, best-in-class approaches, bringing the outside inside including innovation and sustainability, and managing the sourcing cycle and supplier relationship management system effectively by liaising with the procurement function
- Formulate and co-ordinate a business response on sustainability issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and manage organisational sustainability projects, such as life cycle analysis or foot printing to drive change throughout the business
- Identify, influence and manage key stakeholders across different business functions
- Support the organisation at all stages of the internal and external audit process
- Lead, coach and manage a multidisciplinary team to achieve organisational sustainability objectives
- Identify, assess, and prioritise sustainability risks within the organisation and utilise resources to mitigate, control and monitor the probability and/or impact of such events
- Design, implement and evaluate the internal and external environmental audit schedule in line with ISO 19001 and ISO 17021 to drive improvements
- Appraise the impact of current global economic issues to the viability of sustainability projects and its impact on profitability
- Lead the corporate social responsibility agenda for the organisation
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.