Creative digital design professional (integrated degree) (level 6)
Providing digital design solutions to internal and external clients, across a range of sectors and contexts.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Application Designer
- Creative Artworker
- Creative Design Manager
- Creative Designer
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Web Designer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply creative design processes to all creative digital development projects, including online services and installations and non-screen-based media, producing designs compelling to customers / users and to leverage the multitude of digital touch points including, but limited to; mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop, wearable, consoles and cars.
- Create designs using industry standard methods; Typography, Digital Art, Video and Special Effects, Rendering, Animation, 3D Graphics and Digital Photography.
- Create eye-catching creative design concepts and prototypes for presentation to clients using industry standard tools and advanced methods to address design problems set by clients.
- Create 'production' ready digital media assets including, but not limited to designs, style guides, animations, videos, story boards, images, audio to achieve a determined business outcome.
- Select, refine, adapt and apply industry standard contemporary creative digital design technologies, and working with data to develop creative design solutions. Apply and leverage data e.g. personalisation, behavioural, location, weather, in design concepts and solutions.
- Communicate design concepts and solutions to team members, designers, brand managers, product leads, marketing directors, commercial and sales in a strong and compelling manner, evaluating the outputs and methods used and their implications.
- Use design concept digital art to deliver creative design sales pitches to clients.
- Brief and work with third parties such as photographers, model makers, agencies and data professionals.
- Produce and maintain a portfolio of creative digital work.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, creative trends and innovations, knowing what’s emerging, and when and when to act to make cost effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
- Input into market/user research and UX briefs and work with their outputs.
- Collaborate between team members, clients and working with a range of stakeholders including market researchers, user experience professionals, user researchers, developers, photographers, model makers, brand managers, product leads, marketing directors, commercial, sales and communication specialists.
- Review and build accessibility requirements into all interactive creative digital media solutions.
- Work effectively both individually and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, with methodologies such as agile, building and maintaining positive relationships with team members, clients and other stakeholders.
- Lead and manage end to end creative digital design projects in line with governance policies, meeting deadlines and managing client expectations for different environments, including agile.
- Deliver well-designed, high quality creative digital solutions including prototyping skills within organisational brand guidelines.
- Design interactive artefacts using industry standard immersive technology techniques.
- Be able to plan and undertake own development and life-long learning to keep abreast of emerging technologies and techniques to review how these are best.
There are no training providers available for this course yet.
You can either: