Aviation movement specialist (level 3)
Move aircrafts into position.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Aviation movement specialist
- Aviation mover
- Aviation operations
- Aviation supervisor
- Ramp lead agent
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Selects vehicle(s) and equipment applicable to the aircraft and the type of aviation movement.
- Coordinate the airside team to perform the planned aviation movement.
- Monitor area of responsibility to comply with applicable legislation and organisational procedures, addressing and / or reporting hazards.
- Identify and respond to security risks in own area of operations e.g. challenging people in restricted areas, recording and /or reporting of security incidents.
- Adapt communication methods and language to meet the situation.
- Manage own and team’s workload to meet performance objectives.
- Prepare and use aviation systems to move aircraft, including taking remedial action upon identification of faults or errors.
- Monitor area of responsibility and take appropriate action to reduce the impact of emergencies, incidents or disruption.
- Monitor team members preparing to use a vehicle airside.
- Ensure vehicle operations comply with aviation standard operating procedures.
- Implement the correct procedures in the event of incidents or emergencies with an airside vehicle.
- Monitor and supervise team members carrying out daily safety inspections and secure storage of specialist equipment.
- Monitor the team to ensure correct preparation of the airside environment for marshalling of aircraft and or vehicle(s).
- Monitor marshalling of aircraft and or vehicles in accordance with organisation’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the rules and regulations for aircraft, vehicles and team members operating airside are adhered to in accordance with airport safety requirements.
- Identify and report compliance risks in line with organisational procedures.
- Handle dangerous goods correctly.