Insurance practitioner (level 3)
Supporting the sale and renewal of insurance products.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Account handler
- Junior broker
- Loss adjuster
- Underwriting assistant
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Achieve desired business outcomes within own area of insurance responsibility, in line with the organisation's commercial aims and objectives.
- Identify information from a range of sources to determine an appropriate course of action including a recommendation, a decision or a referral.
- Analyse data to make evidence based decisions.
- Apply organisational quality assurance policies and procedures in their role and within the limits of own authority.
- Apply appropriate method of communication for audience and circumstances.
- Records, verifies, maintains and where appropriate, shares information.
- Compliant with relevant governance, policies and procedures.
- Identify work with stakeholders and creates and maintains a network of stakeholders needed to undertake casework effectively and to conclusion.
- Balances competing priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships.
- Work as part of a team to help achieve results.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.