Data protection and information governance practitioner (level 4)
Provide regulatory and technical advice providing assurance to key stakeholders and regulators.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Data protection lead
- Data protection manager
- Information compliance officer
- Information governance lead
- Information governance officer
- Privacy Officer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Use IT systems to manage, share and store information in accordance with data protection requirements and organisation policies.
- Communicate complex subjects in simple terms through different media (such as face to face meetings, emails, reports and presentations) to enable key stakeholders to understand what is required.
- Prepare documentation and materials for review and ratification.
- Working at times under time pressure, prioritising their workloads in order to raise and resolve areas of concern such as individual rights, breach management, FOI requests and information sharing.
- Being able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both their own work and to the organisation, showing the flexibility to maintain high standards in a changing environment.
- Undertake data collection, data analysis, data presentation and date storage such as data incidents.
- Interpret regulation and legislation, share best practice and advise stakeholders on its application.
- Identify organisation needs and how these are applied to enquiries.
- Interpret and apply sector guidance appropriately.
- Undertake investigations and interviews in order to assess a data breach.
- Gather, analyse, use and share data to inform risk assessment and make judgements on actions to take.
- Make decisions on data protection and information governance issues raised and ensure that any areas of concern are escalated to the stakeholders.
- Provide day to day support, specialist advice, guidance and training across the organisation and external stakeholders for all matters regarding information governance and data protection.
- Source data solutions and seeks to make recommendations to the business to improve data management.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.