Advertising and media executive (level 3)
Creating messages (campaigns) which are intended to inform or influence the people who receive them.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Advertising and Media Creative Specialist
- Advertising and Media Executive
- Advertising and media executive media specialist
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify the ways in which creative and media can help organisations to achieve corporate objectives
- Dispassionately structure problems and approaches to solving them
- Manage projects using project management techniques in order to ensure campaigns are on track, e.g. accurate timing plans, and they are also successfully managing their to do list
- Make use of the systems and technologies that are used in agencies to help plan, budget and bill
- Produce professional communication e.g. correct names, spelling, grammar, branding on e.g. PowerPoint, emails, minutes, reports
- Manage timelines effectively, prioritising appropriately
- Apply knowledge of the interface and the dynamics of the different agencies (mainly media and creative) for a smooth flow of work
- Adhere to the legislative regulations that apply in the advertising and media industry plus their own organisational policies and procedures
- Demonstrate some upward, some supplier and client management around commercial realities e.g. a new digital opportunity or a TV production problem
- Help solve practical and creative problems (e.g. report on consumer habits, gathering useful data around evaluation) within defined budgets and timescales, influencing outcomes without jeopardising relationships
- Use third party management techniques combined with interpersonal skills (e.g. active listening, and influencing) to communicate effectively with all, e.g. coordinating response to a client brief
- Ensures the delivery of that supply chain value, on time
- Deploy the right digital medium to guarantee the most effective result e.g, using Google Analytics to check key words
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.