Construction site management (degree) (level 6)
Ensuring that a construction project is completed safely, within an agreed timeframe and budget.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant Construction Site Manager
- Assistant Site Manager
- Construction Planner
- Construction Site Manager
- Site Manager
- Sub Agent
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Be able to set and review objectives, identify resources and their limitations and plan activities and work methods to ensure project completion on time.
- Be able to identify and manage risks of health, safety and welfare in line with legislation, hazards and safe systems of work.
- Be able to identify the standards required by clients and other stakeholders and implement effective procedures for managing, recording and improving quality.
- Be able to manage construction activities in a way that contributes to sustainable development and implements best practice.
- Be able to manage legal and contractual matters relating to the site and work within commercial and legal constraints to ensure effective project outcomes.
- Be able to investigate problems, causes and effects and determine solutions.
- Be able to identify, obtain and process information required to manage projects.
- Be able to manage risk and plan for its mitigation to minimise its impact.
- Be able to manage and appraise team members and specialist contractors, build teams, advise on development and resolve conflicts to ensure effective teamwork.
- Be able to identify areas for improvement, and implement innovative solutions.
- Be able to effectively manage and supervise specialist contractors and operatives during the construction phase.
- Be able to identify and rectify common defects in construction activities.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.