Transport and warehouse operations supervisor (level 3)
Manage the day to day operations involved in supply chain.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Depot supervisor
- Hub Supervisor
- Senior Warehouse Operative
- Traffic Planners
- Transport Coordinator
- Transport Manager
- Transport Supervisor
- Warehouse Manager
- Warehouse Supervisor
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Allocate and monitor work and set objectives including continual professional development (CPD), for transport/ warehouse team members.
- Identify skill and knowledge gaps in own performance and team performance in relation to transport/ warehouse operations
- Complete performance development reviews (PDR)/ staff appraisals for transport/ warehouse team members
- Plan training to meet the requirements of the business and the team members including where required, Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and Material/Mechanical Handling Equipment requirements
- Achieve KPI’s and targets set for the transport/ warehouse team and individuals within the transport/ warehouse team
- Carry out disciplinary and manage grievances as per organisational guidelines
- Lead team and departmental communications and meetings
- Carry out risk assessments appropriate to work environment in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive
- use IT equipment and systems for the role such as telematics or warehouse management systems
- plan and review warehouse compliance and efficiencies; labour, placement, schedules, resources to inform improvements, including inbound and outbound goods
- ensure the security of the transport, warehouse and goods in line with organisational policies
- communicate with internal and external customers using various communication methods
- identify and propose innovative business improvements
Full information on Transport and warehouse operations supervisor (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.