Asset manager (level 4)
Work in a range of industries that manage physical assets.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Acquistion and disposal manager
- Asset and insight manager
- Asset manager
- Asset resilience manager
- Assistant asset manager
- Associate asset manager
- Infrastructure asset manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify the organisation’s context and constraints that affect asset management.
- Identify asset service and performance requirements.
- Estimate and calculate Life Cycle Cost (LCC) or Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for assets/asset systems.
- Use techniques to identify interventions for assets/asset system and estimate benefits.
- Apply multi criteria decision making methods to proposed intervention options.
- Select and use decision support tools to make asset management recommendations.
- Develop asset life-cycle plans including performance monitoring and business case.
- Classify assets, asset systems, life cycle stages and activities.
- Plan and manage projects.
- Assess asset health; condition and performance.
- Select and apply fault finding technique(s) to identify causes and effects of assets/asset system failures.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques.
- Assess and quantify asset, asset system and asset management activity-related risks; identify mitigation options.
- Comply with legislation, asset management standards and company policies.
- Use information technology systems and processes: for example, asset registers, work management systems, word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentation.
- Collate and analyse asset/asset system data and information.
- Interpret and present data - qualitative and/or quantitative.
- Communicate with colleagues and stakeholders – verbal, written and presentation.
There are no training providers available for this course yet.
You can either: