Veterinary nurse (level 3)
Providing expert nursing care for sick animals.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 30 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work within the requirements of the health and safety legislation
- Work within the requirements of the data protection legislation
- Follow relevant operating procedures and manufacturers guidelines when using equipment, materials and pharmaceutical products
- Communicate effectively, appropriately and accurately using a variety of methods
- Conduct nursing clinics
- Prepare and maintain all areas of the veterinary practice at all times
- Prepare records, equipment and resources
- Work in a safe and effective manner
- Manage and perform effective infection control procedures
- Provide nursing support as required
- Prepare, use, maintain, store and dispose equipment, pharmaceuticals and materials appropriately
- Manage own performance and development
- Take measures to improve performance and competence
- Engage in continued professional and personal development
- Use professional standards of practice to self-assess performance
- Practise in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.