Compliance and risk officer (level 3)
Giving basic advice to financial services organisations on the legal and regulatory rules they must follow - such as those about data security or preventing money laundering.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Compliance officer
- Risk officer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Delivering services: Uses a wide range of company systems and processes to deliver services to customers and colleagues. This may include advice to customers and colleagues based on regulatory requirements and organisation policies; working with suppliers on data security; internal reviews and audits and follow up; ensuring accurate records e.g. approved persons; supporting formal committees.
- Delivering services: Proactively meets challenging individual and team performance measures in line with company policy, Values, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Delivering services: Plans and organises their work, focusing on priorities, to meet commitments and KPIs, including regulator deadlines. Escalates when required.
- Analysis and problem solving: Analyses relatively straightforward risk and compliance problems, investigating issues e.g. fraudulent transactions, and recommending solutions. Works with data, analysing and producing required reports and management information for internal and/or external e.g. FCA use. Able to read and interpret reports, summarising required information.
- Communicating and influencing: Writes clear and concise reports and recommendations in a way that is meaningful to the recipient.
- Communicating and influencing: Deals effectively with customers and colleagues, using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of media using appropriate language e.g. phone, face to face, email. Listens actively to understand needs and adapts their style to the recipient. Influences others to ensure compliance and risk requirements are met, when appropriate.
- Teamwork: Builds and maintains strong working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers as appropriate.
- Teamwork: Consistently supports colleagues at all levels and collaborates to achieve results. Aware of their own role in the team and impact on others.
- Continuous improvement: Identifies opportunities to improve performance and service delivered. Takes ownership of specific changes that impact their role
- Personal development: Keeps up to date with relevant legal and regulatory changes. Seeks feedback and acts on it to improve their performance.
- Personal development: Builds their own capability through ownership of their own development, working with their manager.
Full information on Compliance and risk officer (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.