Sports coach (level 4)
Use sports knowledge and skills to create and deliver coaching programmes.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Influence key stakeholders in the sporting context through own coaching philosophy and professional practice
- Enhance coaching competencies and inter-intra-personal skills through continued professional development and self-awareness skills training
- Develop transformational coaching strategies and tactics that consider sector, sport, organisation and participants unique needs
- Comply with legal, ethical, effective and efficient coaching systems that align to the organisational vision, strategies, policies and processes
- Promote the value of the coaching team considering workforce structures and scopes including support staff, coaches, coaching assistants, and volunteers
- Facilitate the development of the coaching team through due diligence, inductions, development and performance monitoring
- Deliver effective coaching services through industry support networks and a collaborative, cohesive and competent coaching team
- Design high quality curriculum that considers participants’ unique profiles, promotes ownership and informs micro, meso and macro plans as relevant to the sporting context
- Designs and delivers progressive programmes and selects coaching pedagogies that maximise engagement, whole child/person development and accelerates sustainable skill acquisition
- Delivers safe and effective coaching support to participants in practice, at events or competitions and influences learning and skill transfer across situations
- Embrace each participants uniqueness, their rights and advocates fairness, equality and diversity within the coaching environment
- Promote holistic wellbeing to control/contain stressors experienced by participants in their own context and environment
- Facilitate participant development by applying learning theory and skill acquisition techniques relevant to participants needs, sport specific demands and context
- Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through positive learning environments and behaviour management strategies
- Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through technological advancements and wider industry support mechanisms
- Measure the impact of the coaching strategies though analysis of participant, coach, coaching team and organisational perception and performance data
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.