Vehicle damage assessor (level 4)
Inspecting and assessing all elements of a motor vehicle that has sustained damage and requires repair.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Recognise properties of different types of vehicle damage
- Maintain records
- Use manual and digital image technology
- Locate vehicle unique identification details
- Diagnose safety faults on vehicles
- Read, adhere to and apply relevant legislation
- Use repair methods
- Make judgements on vehicle damage, taking into account safety and cost
- Commercial decision making
- Prepare costings based on parts and labour ratios
- Oral communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Use industry guidelines appropriately
- Recognises importance of gaining approval before work commences
- Use of estimating software, spreadsheets, on-line databases
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.