Investment operations specialist (level 4)
Carrying out investment transactions on behalf of individuals or organisations.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Maintains a consistently high standard of service internally, towards clients and with intermediaries. Adheres to well defined timeframes, systems and processes. Consistently attentive to accuracy, detail and timeliness; meets required risk, regulatory and governance requirements. Performs tasks which may be complex, specialised, or non-routine, such as bespoke (OTC) derivative settlement and margin calculations, monitoring and processing these complex transactions through to completion; Preparing management, investment performance or review reports for internal and external clients.
- Adopts high quality written and verbal communication skills as appropriate for communicating with internal and external clients. . Builds positive relationships with clients and colleagues using sound interpersonal and influencing skills. Able to coach/train less experienced colleagues. Able to communicate and negotiate complex situations and issues that may arise.
- Consistently supports colleagues and the wider business, collaborating to achieve results. Aware of their role within team, how their team fits within the business and how the team’s decisions impacts on others. Takes a leadership role in the team when appropriate. Operates well under time pressure.
- Takes ownership for delivery in their area of responsibility, both for the core role and for developing and implementing changes. Able to exercise autonomy and judgement within fairly broad parameters. Finds effective ways to resolve issues. Escalates decisions and issues when necessary. Capable of resolving complex issues that may involve other business areas.
- Proactively plans and records their own development; seeks constructive feedback and incorporates within development plan; keeps up to date with changes in all areas of the role; shows commitment to the job and the industry.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.