Quality practitioner (level 4)
Ensures that an organisation, product or service consistently functions well.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 14 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify, interpret and apply relevant legal, governmental or industry regulations affecting the organisation.
- Communicate using appropriate methods (verbal, written, visual) to influence internal and external stakeholders, using appropriate questioning techniques such as open questions, leading questions.
- Identify, collect and analyse relevant quality data using appropriate tools and techniques such as Pareto analysis, statistical methods and trending analysis.
- Apply methods and tools to improve the quality performance of processes, products and services such as production control plans, standardised work, use of failure modes and effects.
- Identify, analyse and prioritise quality specific risks and opportunities. Support the development, implementation and effectiveness of resulting actions.
- Plan and conduct system, product or process audits.
- Assess the effectiveness of the measurement systems using tool such as Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Identify requirements from technical documents, commercial input or stakeholder statements and converting to definitions that can drive the organisations processes
- Identify gaps in process performance and develop improvement plans to close gaps.
- Apply structured problem solving including identification, definition, measurement, analysis, improvement and control methods and tools.
- Communicate organisational quality strategy to all levels of the organisation.
- Identify who the internal and external stakeholders are and their current and optimal positions (such as hostile, help it work, opposed, uncooperative, indifferent, hesitant, enthusiastic support) required to support quality related activities.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.