Commercial catering equipment technician (level 3)
Installing, maintaining and repairing commercial catering equipment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 30 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Commercial catering equipment engineer
- Commercial catering equipment maintenance engineer
- Commercial catering equipment maintenance technician
- Commercial catering equipment service and maintenance engineer
- Commercial catering equipment service and maintenance technician
- Commercial catering equipment service engineer
- Commercial catering equipment service technician
- Commercial catering equipment technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Undertake routine servicing of commercial catering equipment.
- Interpret, follow and adhere to Service Level Agreements, legal requirements, specifications, and customer needs.
- Plan, organise and schedule own/others' work for example task delegation, work-flow, route planning, time management.
- Conduct site survey, including recording and updating risk assessments and method statements.
- Interpret job requirements for example job specification, technical drawings, wiring diagrams and Manufacturers’ Instruction manuals.
- Determine and source resources for example materials, parts, time and equipment.
- Manage stock levels.
- Install connecting pipework for gas, water and drainage to mains service.
- Conduct electrical connection, disconnection and/or isolation of catering or ancillary equipment.
- Conduct gas connection, disconnection and/or isolation of catering or ancillary equipment.
- Conduct water and drainage connection, disconnection and/or isolation of catering or ancillary equipment.
- Operate and maintain tools and instruments in correct working order, including drills, power tools, spirit levels, specialist tools/instruments.
- Commission/re-commision catering and ancillary equipment.
- Diagnose faults in catering or ancillary equipment; identify and implement solutions including fitting replacement or repairing parts.
- Test catering or ancillary equipment and quality assure to manufacturers’ specification.
- Report completion of work carried out to customer and management/office.
- Categorise decommissioned catering or ancillary equipment for reuse, disposal or recycling.
- Complete documentation for example asset management records, work sheets, waste environmental records.
- Collect, record and provide data, for example gas, water pressures and air quality readings.
- Use IT equipment including computers and smart phones and software for example email, internet browsers, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, internal or external, for example customers, colleagues, managers, general public.
- Provide information, guidance or training to stakeholders including demonstrating the correct operation of equipment.
- Conduct all duties in adherence with health and safety directives and environmental policy and procedures.
- Store and transport materials, parts, equipment and tools.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.