Non-destructive testing engineer (degree) (level 6)
Testing materials used in machinery and structures to find faults like corrosion, cracks, flaws and other imperfections.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- NDT Expert
- Project Manager
- Quality Engineer
- Research and Development Engineer
- Specialist Inspector
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Have advanced skills in NDT methods substantiating their lead competency role within their organisation and industry sector. Work in all industry sectors, such as nuclear or aerospace
- Critically apply knowledge of the concepts, principles and theories of developing engineering technology relevant to the interdisciplinary fields of NDT
- Work competently in a technical engineering environment, understanding and promoting personal responsibility for health, safety, radiation protection, environmental protection, quality, security, safeguards and principles of risk management
- Analyse engineering problems, selecting and using mathematical and theoretical data to provide suitable NDT solutions with consideration of the entire inspection cycle
- Apply their engineering knowledge to the development, operation, maintenance and progression of technologies used for NDT
- Observe, record and draw conclusions from data and experimental evidence, recognising inherent uncertainties and limitations
- Develop technical reports that meet the requirements of the prevailing verification process
- Apply the standards and procedures for NDT as required by the industry sector
- Develop and manage projects and contribute to financial planning, including some responsibility for the management and development of others.
Full information on Non-destructive testing engineer (degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.