Insurance professional (level 4)
Specialising in an area of business within the insurance sector, for example broking, client management or underwriting.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- insurance administrator
- insurance clerk
- insurancer adviser
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to deliver positive outcomes to all stakeholders utilising appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply legal and insurance principles, knowledge of the market structure and its processes, procedures and documentation to a range of complex situations.
- Can proactively identify, generate and develop relationships and networks that support the role, including but not limited to internal/external/market led/professional and peer relationships. Can leverage relationships to improve the reliability of customer service based on customer feedback. Engages with and supports colleagues so that they are empowered to resolve customers issues within organisational guidelines.
- Takes ownership for delivering in their area of responsibility. Finds ways to progress and meet commitments when issues arise, being creative where appropriate. Escalates issues and decisions where necessary. Identifies and proposes business process improvements .
- Applies legal and regulatory requirements to work compliantly, whilst promoting a culture of treating customers fairly. Assesses whether organisational processes and procedures and those that follow them are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical advice and support to others on complex insurance matters.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.