Food and drink process operator (level 2)
Supporting food and drink manufacturing operations.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Food and drink process operator
- Production line worker
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Follow food and drink production SOPs.
- Apply product quality assurance SOPs.
- Scan control, monitor and rotate stock.
- Check and use tools and operate equipment and machinery.
- Clean tools, equipment or lines.
- Comply with food safety regulations and procedures.
- Comply with health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Comply with environmental and sustainability regulations and procedures. Identify and segregate resources for reuse, recycling and disposal.
- Identify and resolve issues. Report issues.
- Apply basic continuous improvement techniques.
- Apply fault-finding and problem-solving techniques to common problems.
- Collect and interpret information – text and data.
- Record information - paper based or electronic.
- Use information technology.
- Follow work instructions - verbal or written.
- Communicate with colleagues - verbal and non-verbal.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.