Security first line manager (level 3)
Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Protective services
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Application of Health and Safety legislation in a security environment: Application of health and safety policies & practices, ensuring compliance with all legislation and regulations whilst minimising risks and threats derived from operating in a security related role.
- Manage Customer/Clients/Stakeholders: Ability to deliver a specific solution to meet the security needs of customer/industry stakeholder. Develop strong relationships and demonstrate competence & reliability in relation to security solutions and advice.
- Respond to Threats: Identify and manage the threat effectively and use appropriate resources to reduce risks to the customer/organisation
- Ensure Staff are competent to operate within the security industry: The ability to interact with and manage people professionally and with integrity, whilst remaining compliant with all National and International Security regulations and guidelines, employment law and Human Rights Act. Providing coaching and guidance to instil confidence and competence within the workforce.
- Undertake Review: The ability to review and effect change in relation to analysis of information/intelligence, feedback received, of a security nature.
- Manage Outcomes/Problem Solving: Formulate and implement improvements to security, in order to reduce issues, address threats and minimise risk
- Ensure Compliance: Compliance with all organisational security operations, policies, and procedures, utilising identified best practices and risk management principles. Take action to address non-compliance.
- Manage Communication: The ability to communicate effectively on all levels, in various formats, both internally and externally, particularly during crisis management, incident reporting, liaising with other providers, such as Emergency Services.
- Encourage Community Social Responsibility: Identify and implement effective measures to reduce/minimise risk and promote community social responsibility
- Manage Office/Site/Venue: Ability to dispatch/provide a sufficient level of security in order to protect the customer’s assets in all circumstances including lone working, under duress and in hostile environments.
- Manage Expectations: Deliver solutions to meet specific security expectations, to ensure successful completion of responsibilities.
- Manage Resources/Planning and Organising: Utilise resources effectively, without injury or loss, in order to ensure full delivery of Security Service standards.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.