Information communications technician (level 3)
Deliver efficient operation and control of the IT.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- 1st & 2nd line support Telecoms Technician
- 1st and 2nd line support Telecoms Technician
- Cloud Technician
- Communications Technician
- Cyber or Security support
- Data Centre Support Technician
- First-Line support
- Help Desk support
- IT Field Technician
- IT Support Analyst
- IT Support Officer
- Maintenance Support Technician
- Network Field Operative.
- Network Support
- Office IT Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Interpret and prioritise internal or external customer's requirements in line with organisation's policy
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques to undertake fault finding and rectification
- apply Continuous Professional Development to support necessary business output and technical developments
- Operate safely and securely across platforms and responsibilities maintaining the security of personal data of internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation where appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage and prioritise the allocated workload effectively making best use of time and resources
- Complete documentation relevant to the task and escalate where appropriate
- Install or undertake basic software upgrades,either physically or remotely
- Establish and diagnose the extent of the IT support task, in line with the organisation's policies and Service Level Agreements
- Provide remote/F2F support to resolve customer requirements
- Maintain a safe working environment for own personal safety and others in line with Health & Safety appropriate to the task
Full information on Information communications technician (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.