Information communications technician (level 3)
Deliver efficient operation and control of the IT.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- 1st and 2nd line support Telecoms Technician
- Cloud Technician
- Communications Technician
- Cyber or Security support
- Data Centre Support Technician
- First-Line support
- Help Desk support
- IT Field Technician
- IT Support Analyst
- IT Support Officer
- Maintenance Support Technician
- Network Field Operative.
- Network Support
- Office IT Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Interpret and prioritise internal or external customer's requirements in line with organisation's policy
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques to undertake fault finding and rectification
- apply Continuous Professional Development to support necessary business output and technical developments
- Operate safely and securely across platforms and responsibilities maintaining the security of personal data of internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation where appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage and prioritise the allocated workload effectively making best use of time and resources
- Complete documentation relevant to the task and escalate where appropriate
- Install or undertake basic software upgrades,either physically or remotely
- Establish and diagnose the extent of the IT support task, in line with the organisation's policies and Service Level Agreements
- Provide remote/F2F support to resolve customer requirements
- Maintain a safe working environment for own personal safety and others in line with Health & Safety appropriate to the task
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.