Learning and skills assessor (level 3)
Assessing vocational learners, usually on a one-to-one basis, in a range of learning environments.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Education and early years
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Training facilitator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Conduct sustainable assessment practice working within organisational, legal, and ethical frameworks, including confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Produce a plan for assessment.
- Select method(s) to assess learner(s) in line with organisational and regulatory requirements.
- Make accurate assessment judgments against agreed standards.
- Communicate with learner and relevant stakeholders to support assessment practice.
- Provide constructive feedback to support the learner to progress.
- Contribute to standardisation, moderation and quality assurance procedures.
- Develop and maintain records of assessment, complying with quality, confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- Facilitate access to relevant, current information advice and guidance.
- Apply holistic assessment in practice to support wider skills development.
- Identify and implement professional development opportunities to maintain occupational competency, including sustainable practice and digital literacy.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.