Construction design and build technician (level 4)
Helping with essential building tasks such as planning, designing and project management.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant Design Co-ordinator
- Design and Build Co-ordinator
- Design Co-ordinator
- Design Manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Assist in the assessment and presentation of client requirements.
- Identify risk in designs and suggest actions to reduce risks.
- Assess, identify and record the environmental impact of projects.
- Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects whilst maintaining adherence to building regulations.
- Prepare and present design proposals and solutions.
- Control document production and design information.
- Inspect and report on quality standards and assist in commissioning of finished construction projects.
- Understand financial and legal constraints and measure and record progress against budget.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.