Passenger transport operative (level 2)
Ensuring the safe travel of passengers, their customers, themselves and their colleagues.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Dispatch operative
- Passenger transport operative
- Ticketing operative
- Transport onboard team member
- Transport operational team member
- Transport station team member
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Maintain safe and compliant working practices and travel environments, in accordance with regulation and organisational requirements.
- Prepare own work area to support safe and efficient delivery of transport services.
- Recognise and manage inappropriate passenger/public activity to maintain the integrity of the transport service.
- Identify passenger/public behaviour that indicates vulnerability and respond to help keep them safe.
- Respond to incidents and emergency situations in line with requirements.
- Identify potential incidents, breaches of security and emergency situations, and take appropriate action to ensure safety.
- Prepare for your next shift in accordance with operational requirements and own organisations procedures.
- Assist vulnerable passengers who require help, using specialised equipment or systems where necessary.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints in line with expected own organisation requirements.
- Diagnose passenger related issues to provide accurate advice and support.
- Educate passengers to keep safe within the travel environment.
- Select from a range of communication methods to tailor messages to the audience.
- Utilise available equipment and systems in accordance with operational requirements.
- Stop a vehicle to reduce the risk to those potentially affected by an emergency situation.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.