Mastic asphalter (level 2)
Lay mastic asphalt on to a wide range of surfaces and structures.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 34 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Mastic asphalt spreader
- Mastic asphalter
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Health and Safety: Ability to identify, anticipate and mitigate health, safety and welfare risks in the working environment, including the correct use of relevant PPE; ability to correctly deploy control equipment e.g. fire extinguishers.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Ability to understand and interpret data and information using literacy and numeracy skills. Ability to undertake correct calculations with regard to the measurement of lengths, areas, quantities and wastage.
- Communication: Good listening, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Recording Information: Ability to produce concise and accurate written records in a timely manner.
- Preparation: Ability to select the correct occupational resources; protect the occupational resources and their surrounding area from damage; dispose of waste and packaging in accordance with legislation; and maintain a clean work space.
- Activity: Ability to measure, cut, prepare, check, monitor, use and maintain hand tools and ancillary equipment; prepare resources and materials to given working instructions for mastic asphalt, fittings and fixings, plant and equipment.
- Backgrounds: Prepare backgrounds for mastic asphalt to given working instructions for substrates; primers; and undertake remedial work to backgrounds.
- Mastic Asphalt: Ability to apply mastic asphalt to given working instructions for flat and inclined surfaces; perimeter details; outlets and intrusions; and surface applications.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Ability to evaluate surface condition and repair and maintain mastic asphalt to given working instructions with cracks, splits and blisters; removal of debris and freeing blockages
- Special Features: Ability to apply mastic asphalt to given working instructions for sumps; tanking; curved and/or overhead surfaces; flat, inclined and vertical surfaces; and decorative surface finishes
- Measurements and Evaluations: Ability to accurately measure, mark out, evaluate, and report on site findings.
There are no training providers available for this course yet.
You can either: