Barbering professional (level 2)
Demonstrate a range of Barbering skills tailored to client requirements, whilst providing an outstanding service.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Mens barber/ hairstylist
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply safe, hygienic and effective methods of working and infection control.
- Identify and report problems which cannot be dealt with to the relevant person(s).
- Use working methods that promote environmental and sustainable working practices.
- Carry out front of house duties to support the barbershop business.
- Promote yourself, your organisation, products and services via a variety of social channels.
- Complete and maintain client records in accordance with legal and organisational requirements.
- Use communication and etiquette that suits and is appropriate to the barbershop image and style.
- Maintain the client’s privacy, comfort and welfare during a barbering service.
- Work as part of a team to support the barbershop.
- Advise clients (new and regular) pre, during and after service on the services, products available and maintenance.
- Use a range of products, tools and equipment, adhering to legal and organisational requirements for safe use and storage.
- Identify contraindications or limiting factors that are likely to affect or influence the service using observation and appropriate questioning techniques.
- Carry out a consultation, examine and analyse the hair, skin and scalp.
- Prepare the hair for barbering services.
- Cut hair using a range of barbering cutting techniques, to create a variety of looks, taking account of factors influencing the service and the steps required to achieve the desired look.
- Restyle hair by changing the length, bulk or shape to achieve a significant/clear different style.
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair.
- Design, create and maintain a variety of facial hair shapes and looks.
- Style and finish hair to create a variety of barbering looks.
- Provide shaving and facial massage services safely.
- Evaluate the results of the service.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.