Water process operative (level 2)
Carry out operations in a clean water or waste water treatment facility to ensure water safety.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Sewage operative
- Waste water operational technician
- Waste water operator
- Waste water process operator
- Waste water process technician
- Water plant operator
- Water process assistant
- Water production operative
- Water production technician
- Water technical operator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Organise and prioritise work.
- Identify risks and control measures.
- Follow health and safety and environmental legislation, regulations and practice. For example, apply control measures, wear PPE, harness, gas detector and breathing apparatus required for the task.
- Read and interpret information/data.
- Identify trends.
- Undertake sensory analysis.
- Use measuring equipment.
- Apply fault finding techniques.
- Determine action and follow procedure.
- Undertake first line operational maintenance of assets.
- Select and use tools and equipment; check/calibrate equipment.
- Undertake first line maintenance of tools and equipment, for example cleaning.
- Store tools and equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping: tidy, segregate and dispose of waste.
- Audit and request chemical and or consumables stock.
- Check chemical deliveries – quality/content.
- Communicate – verbal.
- Use technology.
- Record information/complete documentation.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.