Actuarial technician (level 4)
Supporting senior colleagues to help manage risks for clients. This will be through the use of actuarial techniques and building mathematical models
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Obtain, analyse, model and interpret data to solve actuarial challenges and meet stakeholder objectives.
- Analyse and logically apply actuarial techniques to given requirements and understand actuarial principles and calculations.
- Plan and deliver actuarial tasks such as analysis and calculations within the required timescales.
- Adapt to new requests or unforeseen events to maintain delivery of actuarial tasks.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships through providing a responsive service.
- Identify internal stakeholder requirements and manage expectations as necessary.
- Use digital applications and software to deliver data analysis, data visualisations and mathematical models to assist in actuarial tasks.
- Use digital technologies safely and securely to protect the organisation from risks such as cyber-threats and data breaches.
- Tailor communication techniques for different stakeholders.
- Maintain internal documentation to ensure a clear and identifiable audit trail of decision making and analysis.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.