Facilities manager (level 4)
Making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Manage property and fixed assets and implement building maintenance plans (monitor and control premises; optimize the use of space; evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of a property management plan).
- Ensure the delivery of FM service provision to required standards and identify opportunities for improvement (identify requirements; identify opportunities for improvements; identify and rectify FM service delivery problems).
- Meet FM compliance, risk and business continuity requirements (analyse the extent to which compliance, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & sustainability requirements are met; carry out risk assessments; develop a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)).
- Use FM management systems to monitor, report and act on the performance and efficiency of properties, assets and services against FM Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (collate data; analyse statistics; maintain data security).
- Develop and implement delivery plans for the management of FM properties, assets and services and manage change (carry out activities ethically and sustainably; identify operational impact of change; develop plans to mitigate negative impacts; manage expectations).
- Establish and manage day-to-day relationships with clients and other stakeholders to agreed quality standards (develop and implement FM quality management operational plans; use appropriate stakeholder management methods; recommend improvements to the quality of FM service provision).
- Motivate, manage and develop FM teams to deliver operational objectives (deploy assets; assess and plan for individuals’ development needs; comply with Human Resources (HR) requirements).
- Manage FM finances and procure FM goods and services, ensuring they are delivered within agreed budgets and make recommendations for innovation (analyse financial information; develop operational plan and budget; manage budget variances; analyse the effectiveness of procurement practices).
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.