Cyber security technical professional (integrated degree) (level 6)
Leading teams which manage cyber security risks.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Cyber Incident Manager
- Cyber Research Analyst
- Cyber Risk Analyst
- Cyber Risk Manager
- Cyber Security Design Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Fluent in written communications and able to articulate complex issues.
- Makes concise, engaging and well-structured verbal presentations, arguments and explanations.
- Able to deal with different, competing interests within and outside the organisation with excellent negotiation skills.
- Able to identify the preferences, motivations, strengths and limitations of other people and apply these insights to work more effectively with and to motivate others.
- Able to work effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Competent in active listening and in leading, influencing and persuading others.
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively and incorporate it into his/her own development and life-long learning.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills for Technology Solutions development and can systematically analyse and apply structured problem solving techniques to complex systems and situations.
- Able to put forward, demonstrate value and gain commitment to a moderately complex technology-oriented solution, demonstrating understanding of business need, using open questions and summarising skills and basic negotiating skills.
- Can conduct effective research, using literature and other media.
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate a ‘security mind-set’ (how to break as well as make).
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.