Financial adviser (level 4)
Working within small businesses or large organisations such as banks, giving clients specialist advice on how to manage their money.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- business owner
- Chartered Financial Planner
- Financial Services Administrator
- Mortgage Adviser
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Know your customer: Make decisions confidently and autonomously in full awareness of the risk/potential external implications attached. Know when to seek further professional input, whilst maintaining high ethical standards and adhering to Treating Customers Fairly requirements.
- Customer service: Proactively and regularly meet the company’s stated service/quality assurance standards, including complaints procedures.
- Customer service: Consistently support colleagues and collaborate to achieve a successful customer outcome.
- Business development: Develop long term relationships with customers. Create new opportunities for business growth through referrals and networking. Build a new business or sustain and grow an existing business by prioritising workloads and deliver in accordance with the associated business plan.
- Managing Risk: Apply regulatory requirements both in the role of a Financial Adviser and also as applied to the Company. Maintain, the Fit and Proper person standards as laid down by the relevant regulator(s).
- Using systems and processes: Demonstrate technical proficiency in using the firm’s I.T. systems required to complete the advice process, maintain accurate records, and agree review meetings to sustain the client / adviser relationship. Ensure Data Protection Act is not contravened.
- Communication skills: Build rapport and communicate with empathy. Present and explain complex information simply and clearly both orally and verbally.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.