Through life engineering services specialist (integrated degree) (level 7)
Develop and deliver the support services that keep engineered assets working better and for longer.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Asset value manager
- Life cycle engineer
- Maintenance specialist
- Service analyst
- Service engineer
- Service manager
- Service specialist
- Service value manager
- Support service designer
- Support service engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Critical evaluation of Service solutions: research options and select optimal solutions within complex business contexts.
- Systems thinking: understand and integrate service system elements to achieve an optimised overall solution.
- Opportunity recognition: identify and prioritise opportunities to increase value or reduce risks and costs in the context of current or future products and services.
- Business model design: design business models and commercial constructs that enable effective, profitable and sustainable service delivery networks within complex business contexts.
- Recommendation and Decision making: optimise recommendations & decisions at significant points in the product/service lifecycle.
- Technical and commercial communication: use appropriate methods and means to facilitate communications between and within engineering and commercial stakeholder groups, ensuring effective integration of activity across the technical / commercial interfaces.
- Service Design: design an engineered product/service offering from requirements capture through to verification/validation.
- Service Delivery: manage and optimise delivery of the service to a defined process and monitor the service delivery metrics to identify both risks and opportunities.
- Service Data management: use specialist skills to define data requirements, acquire data and manage data flows within and between organisations within a complex service ecosystem.
- Service analysis and prediction: derive insight from available data, apply appropriate methodologies and approaches within the engineering and commercial domains to understand, model and predict causes and effects.
- Technical Issue management & engineering problem solving: use specialist knowledge, methodologies and approaches in the process of issue investigation, failure mode & root cause analysis, issue mitigation and solution implementation.
- Service change Management: plan and execute a programme of change within a complex service delivery system.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.