Vehicle damage paint technician (level 3)
Preparing, spraying and finishing vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Applications Technician
- Car Sprayer
- Paint Technician
- Refinish Technician
- Vehicle Paint Sprayer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Ability to undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair e.g. substrate surface preparation, paint volume calculation etc
- Ability to correctly identify the substrate materials to be refinished e.g. plastic, steel, aluminium etc
- Ability to interpret relevant technical data and methods to create paint manufactures specified application
- Ability to use refinishing materials following paint manufacturer specifications to reinstate vehicle finish back to high quality
- Ability to identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.