Golf course manager (level 5)
Responsible for the management of the golf course, resources and staff, on behalf of their employer.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national diploma (HND).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Manage, promote and maintain a healthy, safe and secure maintenance facility and golf course for their staff, golfers and members of the public.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and manage golf course maintenance and the environment in accordance with the Golf Course Policy document.
- Manage the allocation of human and physical resources, equipment and supply chain for projects and tasks on a day to day basis.
- Plan and manage the maintenance and replacement of machinery and equipment.
- Plan and manage the control of weeds, pests and diseases and their impact on plant health and pathology.
- Analyse and interpret a range of data collected from the golf course and the management of sustainable playing surfaces.
- Plan and manage projects, including the construction of golf course features and events.
- Manage water applied and removed from the golf course, including irrigation and drainage.
- Develop and review a Golf Course Policy document in co-operation with the employer.
- Identify and determine policies and strategies for the development of the golf course, in line with Golf Course Policy document.
- Prepare, submit and manage maintenance budgets and capital expenditure proposals.
- Conduct, manage and review risk assessments on equipment, materials, people and facilities.
- Communicate to golf course staff, colleagues, golfers and others on a range of subjects.
- Manage the recruitment, selection and induction of staff and the performance, training, equality and diversity of the greenkeeping team.
- Manage conflict, discipline and grievances within the team and others.
- Motivate and encourage excellence within the greenkeeping team.
- Organise and manage meetings with the greenkeeping team and others.
- Promote the golf club and its core values, as determined by the employer.
- Encourage a customer service culture within the greenkeeping team.
- Manage their own Continuing Professional Development.
- Make presentations both written and verbal to the greenkeeping team, management and golfers.
- Use information technology to manage the golf course through data collection and analysis.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.