Investment operations technician (level 3)
Supporting teams that carry out investment transactions on behalf of individuals or organisations.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Service delivery: Capable of performing non- complex tasks to consistently high standards of client service, timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail. For example, ensures the timely preparation and accuracy of computerised cash position, valuation, and client reports; monitors and processes the timely allocation of investment income to client account; Ensures that client instructions relating to increasing or liquidating their investments are communicated and processed promptly. Manages own workload and adheres to agreed systems and processes. Meets required risk, regulatory and governance requirements.
- Communication: Demonstrates high quality written and verbal communication skills with both clients and colleagues. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and counterparties. Handles everyday situations and issues that arise within the context of their job role. Ensures transactions arising from corporate actions are correctly communicated and allocated to client accounts.
- Team working & collaboration: Consistently supports colleagues and contributes towards making improvements and efficiencies. Aware of their role within the team, how their team fits within the business, and the impact of team decisions impacts on internal and external clients.
- Ownership & Initiative: Takes ownership for delivery in their area of responsibility. Finds ways to progress and resolve non-complex issues, adopting alternative approaches where appropriate. Escalates decisions and issues swiftly when necessary.
- Personal development: Participates proactively in planning and recording their development activities; responds positively to feedback from colleagues. Keeps up to date with changes in all areas of the role; shows commitment to the job and the industry.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.