Engineering construction pipefitter (level 3)
Designing, installing and maintaining piping systems on construction sites or commercial fabrication facilities.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Comply with appropriate health and safety, risk and quality requirements,
- Correctly select and safely use tools and equipment for the fabrication, assembly, installation and decommissioning of pipework components and systems,
- Plan, organise and undertake the fabrication, assembly, installation, maintenance and decommissioning of pipework components and systems,
- Read, interpret and apply engineering drawing information,
- Shape pipework components using hand and power tools to cut, drill, shape and finish components to the required tolerance, specification and standard,
- Assemble and install pipework using the appropriate methods, techniques and equipment in accordance with the specification including welded, threaded, bolted and clamped jointing solutions,
- Ensure the integrity of joints in accordance with specifications, in line with specified quality procedures and to precise tolerances,
- Undertake the testing and inspection of the fabricated and/or installed pipework using the appropriate techniques,
- Work with others and contribute to effective working relationships within an Engineering Construction environment,
- Apply techniques for the temporary or permanent removal of an engineering construction piping related system or component,
- Communicate by keeping others informed about work plans or activities which may affect them and seek assistance from others without causing undue disruption to normal work activities.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.