Commercial laundry operative (level 2)
Providing laundry services to a wide range of sectors in the UK.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Garment cleaner
- General laundry operative
- Laundry operative
- Production operative
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Follow work instructions - verbal or written.
- Organise and prioritise work.
- Follow health and safety procedures in line with regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Follow procedures in line with environmental and sustainability regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Identify and segregate resources for reuse, recycling, and disposal.
- Comply with laundry industry regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Follow work procedures.
- Sort, classify and identify products for processing either manually or via operating equipment. Identify any special cleaning processes for example, stain removal.
- Check equipment and machinery.
- Operate equipment and machinery to process textile products for example, batch washing machines, wash extractors, dryers, towel folders, ironers, and calenders.
- Conduct quality checks for example, identify any rejects or rewash, inspect items for damage.
- Sort and pack items.
- Identify production issues for example, product mis-feed, machinery issues, or product flow issues. Resolve or escalate issues in line with procedures. Escalate maintenance requirements.
- Use information technology.
- Communicate with others for example, internal and external customers, colleagues, and managers.
- Apply team working principles.
- Record task information (text or data) - paper based or electronic.
- Carry out and record learning and development activities.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.