Construction Building: Wood Occupations
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Bench joiner
- Royal Engineer (Carpenter and Joiner)
- Shopfitter Bench Joiner
- Site Carpenter
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Wood Occupations (Construction)
- NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Diploma In Carpentry and Joinery (Military Engineering)
- Diploma in Shopfitting Bench Joinery (Construction)
- Diploma in Shopfitting Joinery
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.