Sporting Excellence: Sporting Excellence Pathway Two
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Full Time Athlete (Funded)
- Professional / Semi Professional Athlete
- Sports Coach
- Support Officer in High Performance Environments
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC Certificate in Understanding Sports Performance
- Certificate in Understanding Sports Performance
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.